Deputies say a mother and her teenage son are dead following a possible carbon monoxide incident in Orleans County.

Deputies say a mother and her teenage son are dead following a possible carbon monoxide incident in Orleans County.

It happened at a home on Center Road in Kendall around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday night.

Investigators identified the two victims as 38-year-old Joan Gillman and 14-year-old Richard Gillman Jr.

Deputies say the power to the family’s duplex had been turned off a few days ago and a portable generator was being used, along with some propane-powered appliances.

The victims were taken to the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s Office.

The Orleans County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating.

This is a developing story and we will update you as soon as we find out more information.