Messenger Post Media prints this column to keep readers informed of "wishes" submitted by local charities. Here are two agencies listed in this year's Community Wishbook.
Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester
1048 University Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
Contacts: Holly Anderson, Connie Zeller
Mission: To provide support to those touched by a diagnosis of breast cancer, to make access to information and care a priority through education and advocacy and to empower women and men to participate fully in decisions relating to breast cancer.
• books about breast cancer for women, men, children, families (2010 or later)
• books about GYN cancers (2010 or later)
• books about prostate or testicular cancers (2010 or later)
• Burt’s Bees lip balm (sealed, no mint)
• computer paper, white
• fleece throws, blankets, lap quilts
• gift cards: Wegmans, Tops, DiBella’s, Staples, Target, Barnes & Noble, pizza, etc. for our PALS pack and program supplies
• journals for writing
• lanyards, plain, basic
• lotion: Alaffia Purely Coconut Lotion; Hugo & Debra Naturals All Over Lotion, creamy coconut or unscented
• note cards, thank-you cards
• paper products: cups for hot and cold, napkins, small and medium plates, (no Styrofoam products)
• sleeping masks, lavender or unscented only
• sponsorship of ink pens with our logo
• tea: black pekoe, green, herbal, and flavored in unopened boxes or tins
Community Child Care Center
170 Troup Street
Rochester, NY 14608
Contact: Mischele Terrell
Purpose: A not-for-profit childcare center.
• bikes, bike helmets, scooters for ages 3 to 8
• clothing for children and adults
• craft supplies
• games and puzzles for children
• school supplies
Please contact the charities directly if you can help. For other local charities visit communitywishbook.org.