Fire crews say a mechanic was removing the cars gas tank when the fuel line came loose and sprayed gasoline on him.

A man caught fire while working on a car at Cole Muffler on Lake Avenue in Rochester Wednesday night.

Fire crews say a mechanic was removing the cars gas tank when the fuel line came loose and sprayed gasoline on him.

A work light nearby ignited the gasoline.

The man suffered second-degree burns on his face, hands, and arms.

He was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital.

His name has not been released.