The First Congregational United Church of Christ in Fairport has been designated a National
Historic Landmark and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The First Congregational UCC is the sixth nationally registered building in the village of Fairport. It was founded by some of the area’s earliest settlers, including the Delands and Perrins. The church was designed by architect John Rochester Thomas.
First Congregational UCC is believed to be Thomas’ first of at least 150 church commissions, including several in New York City. Designated a Fairport Village Landmark in 2009, its primary
structure was completed in 1868. The front doors and interior pews are original.
Visit fairportucc.org or call 585-223-0224 for more information.