A Wayne County woman escaped a house explosion without injuries Tuesday morning. Firefighters say the home's furnace exploded and gutted a large portion of the inside of the house, on 2249 Wilcox Road.

A propane furnace explosion blew out most of a home, according to firefighters.

It happened just before 10 a.m. Tuesday on Wilcox Road in Macedon.

Firefighters say there were no flames, but there was significant damage to the side and the back of the home.

A woman was inside the home at the time of the blast. She made it out safely and was not hurt, although she was experiencing, "shock," according to Joe Sirianno, 1st assistant chief for the South Macedon Fire Department.

Sirianno, who was also commanding officer on the scene for the explosion, said how his department was first on the scene after receiving the call. Macedon Center, Walworth and West Walworth fire departments arrived shortly after to assist.

An officer with the Macedon Police Department and members of the American Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Service were also present.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing.