One of convicted killer's life sentences had been tossed by appellate court

ROCHESTER — The man convicted of murdering four people on Valentine’s Day in 2009 had one of his sentences changed on Friday.

Frank Garcia was found guilty of first degree murder and attempted murder after a series of shootings in Brockport and Canandaigua.  He was given five life sentences. His life sentence for attempted murder was thrown out by the state appellate court earlier this year.

On Friday, he was re-sentenced on that charge to 25 years to life. The surviving victim was in court.

“I did exactly what I wanted to today — to confront him, to try to go ahead and see if he could just take responsibility, but obviously as you guys can see, he's never going to take responsibility,” Audra Dillon told News 10NBC.

Garcia was re-sentenced on the charge because you cannot sentence someone to life in prison without parole for attempted murder. His other life sentences remain intact.

"It's very difficult," added Dillon. "I mean everyday life, you know, trying to just maintain. It's just hard."

In late 2009, Garcia was convicted on two counts of first-degree murder for the deaths of Randal Norman and Mary Silliman, having shot them outside Lakeside Memorial Hospital in Brockport on Valentine's Day. Norman was a passerby who tried to intervene when he saw Garcia and Silliman struggling. He was also found guilty of first-degree attempted murder for shooting Norman’s friend, Audra Dillon.

Later that day, he drove to Canandaigua and killed Christopher and Kimberly Glatz in the Middle Cheshire Road home. He was convicted of two counts each of first-degree murder and second-degree murder in the Glatzes' killings. 

According to prosecutors, Garcia went after the Glatzes and Silliman, because he was angry they made unrelated complaints claiming sexual misconduct that cost him nursing jobs at their respective workplaces. Wesley Gardens' CEO testified in court that Garcia was fired from that Rochester nursing home after an internal investigation into an alleged sexual attack on nurse Kimberly Glatz. Garcia and Silliman also had worked at Lakeside in Brockport, from which he also was fired.

Messenger Post Media contributed to this article