Community Wishbook Article No. 1,011
Messenger Post Media prints this column to keep readers informed of "wishes" submitted by local charities. Here are two agencies listed in this year’s Community Wishbook.
3235 Chili Ave.
Rochester, New York, 14624
Phone: 585-889-2200, ext. 306
Contact: Jennifer Freese
Purpose: A transportation program for seniors living in the towns of Gates and Chili. Drivers take people to medical appointments, the grocery store and other essential commitments.
• Drivers for seniors.
• Office work: answering phones, matching clients with drivers.
Oregon Leopold Child Care Center
316 Bay St.
Rochester, New York, 14605
Contacts: Tia Faulkner, Denise Matthews
Purpose: Serves low-income children and families in the northeast quadrant of Rochester and Rochester's Children's Zone.
• Art and craft supplies: construction paper, rolls of easel paper, markers, glue sticks, finger paint, tape, paintbrushes, crayons, glue, smocks
• Child gates, large bibs, posters of children
• Batteries: AAA, AA, C, D, 9-volt
• Board games, peg puzzles (ages 2-3)
• Books, soft blocks, board books
• Soft child-size furniture for reading areas, beanbags, adult-size rocking chair or glider, flipcharts
• Face masks, hand sanitizers, thermometers, gloves, room sprays (Lysol)
• Cleaning supplies: sponges, buckets, mops/mop heads, disinfectant cleaners and supplies
• Clothes for 18 months to size 6
• Clothes for dress-up, toddler and preschool ages 18 months to 5 years
• Computers, toner for HP Color LaserJet 3550, Kyocera KM-1820 toner; ink cartridges: black and color ink for Lexmark x7170
• Dolls, multicultural; puppets
• Donated banquet space and catering for staff recognition ceremony, tickets to local events
• Financial donations for program expenses, field trips
• First-aid supplies: Band-Aids, gauze, tape, etc.
• Food, gifts for holiday, Christmas party for children, napkins
• Gift cards and adult presents for staff recognition ceremony
• Microwaves, blender, juicer, refrigerators (small)
• Office supplies: postage stamps, laminator, ,copy paper, pens, Sharpie markers, staples, envelopes, binders, folders, etc.
• Printer with fax, laser printer (new condition)
• School supplies: writing paper, tablets, pencils, folders, educational software, games, etc.
• Socks, underwear, winter boots, coats, hats, gloves
• Fundraising and grant writing.
• Maintenance and small repairs.
• Substitute volunteer teachers.
• Tutors, mentors, performers for children.
• Helpers and supplies for parent involvement events, holiday/Christmas party for children.
• Coordinators and food donations for summer picnic community event.
Please contact the charities directly if you can help. Visit communitywishbook.org for other local charities.